Thank you for choosing Silene Marketing and its services.
We are committed to give you the best possible experience and your privacy matters to us. We use the information you provide to us in order to improve our service to you and we try to keep the amount of personal data we collect very limited.
We adhere to the new GDPR as of 25th May 2018, as well as the DPA 2018 (Data protection Act 2018).
2. About this policy
The aim of this policy is to:
- ensure you understand what personal data we collect from you, why we collect it and use it and who we share your personal data with
- explain how we protect your privacy and your personal data
- making you aware of your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process
3. Your rights
According to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018), we have implemented additional transparency to ensure you understand the rights and control you have over your personal data we collect and process:
· Right of access - the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you
· Right to rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete
· Right to erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data
· Right to restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data
· Right to object, at any time, to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation and the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes
· Right to data portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service
· Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect
4. How do we collect your personal data
- you sign up on one of the websites above to receive Silene Marketing newsletter
- you complete the form on the Contact section of one the websites above to ask for information and/or request a service
- you give authorisation to share your data with third parties we use or collaborate with:
- social media
- email service providers
- one of our business partners for operational purpose only
5. What personal data we collect from you
The personal data we collect about you include:
- Email address
Occasionally, if it is part of specific campaigns, marketing activities and surveys we might ask for additional information including but not limited to telephone number, gender, profession and address. These type of information may vary according to the purpose of the activity.
6. What do we use your personal data for
We use your data to communicate with you in relation to:
- marketing: you will receive emails containing information about Silene Marketing news and services, promotions and initiatives operated through a third party provider
- payment: you will receive emails containing invoices and payments reminders operated by a third party provider
7. Who we share your personal data with
For operational reasons and to improve our service we can share your personal data with:
- Technical and other service providers: we use technical service providers which may operate the technical infrastructure that we need to provide our service, in particular providers which host, store, manage, and maintain the Silene Marketing websites, their content and the data we process. We use technical service providers to help us communicate with you through email communications. We use marketing and advertising partners to show you more tailored content, or to help us understand your use of our websites, to provide you with a better service. We use accounting service providers to facilitate invoicing and payment processes.
- Law enforcement: we will share your personal data when we in good faith believe it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, a court order, or a subpoena. We also will share your personal data where we in good faith believe that it is necessary for the purpose of our own, or a third party’s legitimate interest relating to national security, law enforcement, litigation, criminal investigation, protecting the safety of any person, or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm, provided that we deem that such interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of your personal data.
8. Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with Silene Marketing services and for legitimate and essential business purposes.
We are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- if there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved
- where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law
- where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, please understand that you are leaving the Silene Marketing website and any personal data you provide will not be covered by this Policy. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
10. How do we store your personal data
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies including pseudonymisation, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
We will not knowingly share any of your Personal Data with any third party other than my service providers or my business partners (for operational purposes only) who assist us in providing the information and/or services Silene Marketing provide to you.
Silene Marketing websites are not directed to children under the age of 13 years.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years or under the applicable age limit. If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use our services, and do not provide any personal data to us.
If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal data to us, please contact us using the ‘Contact’ form on our websites.
If we learn that we have collected the personal data of a child under the age of 13 years, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data.
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy. When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, by sending you an email. We may notify you in advance.
14. How to contact us